Class 1 Driver
Dynamic Storage are looking to recruit a Class 1 Driver to join our expanding team here in Yate, Bristol. We are specialists in storage, haulage and the distribution sector.
Our routes take us Nationally on a daily basis.
- Operating Class 1 vehicles with Curtain sided trailers
- Mon to Fri – (Sat AM – working rota shift. 1 in 9).
- Day shifts.
- Average shift length is 10 hours.
- Making sure load is secure before setting off. Conducting vehicle checks before and after shift.
Rates of Pay/Holiday:
Pay: £26,970.00 P.A.
Holidays: 20 days per year + B/H
- Permanent opportunity for the right candidate.
- Driver Bonus Scheme.
- Candidates ideally should have a minimum of 1 years UK experience driving a Class 1 vehicle.
- A valid DQC & Digital Tachograph Card.
- No more than 6 points on the licence, no DD, DR, CD, IN.
- Good understanding of English is Essential.
- Available to “Night out” when required. (Not a regular occurrence)
Applications are invited ASAP.
- Delivery of palletised goods within the BS postcode Mon-Fri. 45 hours per week.
- Keeps accurate records of deliveries and customer authorisation and ensure all documentation is submitted to Transport dept on time
- Properly uses and maintains any delivery equipment, including pallet trucks
- Drives safely and follows all laws and rules of driving to maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Keeps company vehicle clean and ensure it is well-maintained.
- Follows pre-planned route accurately without deviation from set course
- Maintains communication with Transport Dept to be informed of any change of delivery, route or schedule
- Informs Transport Dept of any obstructions to making safe & efficient deliveries on time. (Health & Safety)
- Must be punctual, reliable and trustworthy.
- Competitive monthly salary including Bonus.
Delivery Driver Skills and Qualifications:
Driver’s Licence, CPC qualification, Courteous, Previous Driving Experience, Good Customer Service Skills, Good Communication Skills, No Driving Disqualifications With the Last Three Years, Problem-Solver, Patient, Pleasant, Enthusiastic, Attention to Detail, Ability to Handle Palletised goods with Care, Ability to Work Under Pressure, Ability to Work as part of a Team, Be Physically Fit, Able to Meet Deadlines
We are looking for a Warehouse Operative who is a skilled forklift operator with a counter balance licence to move pallets around our Bonded Warehouse facilities. Possessing a Reach Licence would also be an advantage. You will be operating a forklift with the utmost care to ensure efficiency and safety. You will report to the Warehouse Manager and your job will involve working both inside and outside the warehouse facility.
Warehouse Operative duties
As a warehouse operative you will be working both alone and as part of a team with efficiency and commitment to complete your work and strive to maintain the business performance targets.
This role best suits upbeat and self-motivated individuals who enjoy working systematically and productively. The fast paced and energised environment relies on organisation and efficiency and with so much ground to cover in the line of duty it is important to ensure that you have a moderate level of fitness to enable you to comfortably carry out your tasks.
Picking and packing products can involve a substantial amount of manual handling including bending, stretching, stooping, stepping, reaching and lifting. Having a good range of mobility is important to ensure you can work safely within health and safety regulations without placing undue strain on your body.
You must be a responsible individual with experience in driving industrial vehicles. The goal will be to ensure that pallets will always be loaded correctly in order to achieve maximum efficiency.
Forklift Operator responsibilities include:
- Unloading / loading pallets from Rigid/Artic vehicles and moving them to assigned places
- Locating and moving stock of products to pallets for storage or shipment
- Identifying damages and report shortages or quality deficiencies
- Daily inspections of MHE in order to determine need for repairs/maintenance and guarantee safety.
- Comply with Company policies and legal guidelines
- Help maintain a safe and orderly environment of the facilities
- Proven experience as forklift operator (Must have counterbalance licence)
- Attention to detail and familiarity with industrial equipment
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Valid certification to operate forklifts
- Honest, Reliable and Trustworthy
- Good organisational skills
- Upbeat and energised
- Flexible and willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Team Player
£19,520 P.A. + Bonus (45hr week)
Applicants without a COUNTERBALANCE LICENCE will not be considered
Interested in joining is?
You can download our application form here. Please send the completed form and a copy of your CV to Karen at the following address:
Dynamic Storage Ltd
Please contact email@example.com or tel: 01454 273390 for more information.