Class 1 Driver advertisement
Dynamic Storage are looking to recruit a class one driver for an ongoing new business contract
REPORTING TO THE TRANSPORT MANAGER
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The contract is to collect goods on behalf of third party client in Bristol and transfer to a depot in Greater London on a daily basis, 7 days per week.
All drivers will be expected to be fully aware of the legislation in place regarding driver hours and tachograph usage and to comply with this in all instances.
DAY TO DAY REQUIREMENTS
- The job holder is responsible for ensuring that the load of the vehicle is properly secured and does not exceed the maximum gross weight for the particular type of vehicle used.
- The daily start times are approximately 1630hrs from Dynamic Storage in Yate
- The unloading in Greater London must be by 2359hrs
- The hours are based on a 48hr working week with a salary of £32,150 p.a.
- All drivers must ensure that their vehicle is in a roadworthy condition using the daily check lists supplied. Any defects must be notified to the Transport Manager immediately.
- The driver will be responsible for ensuring that POD’s (Proof of Delivery documents) are signed by the client when goods have been delivered.
- All drivers will read and comply with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy, a copy of which is included within the starter pack.
- All drivers will read and comply with the Company’s Driver Manual, a copy of which is included within the starter pack.
- Suitable applicants are advised to apply asap. The position is available now.
- Delivery of palletised goods within the BS postcode Mon-Fri. 45 hours per week.
- Keeps accurate records of deliveries and customer authorisation and ensure all documentation is submitted to Transport dept on time
- Properly uses and maintains any delivery equipment, including pallet trucks
- Drives safely and follows all laws and rules of driving to maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Keeps company vehicle clean and ensure it is well-maintained.
- Follows pre-planned route accurately without deviation from set course
- Maintains communication with Transport Dept to be informed of any change of delivery, route or schedule
- Informs Transport Dept of any obstructions to making safe & efficient deliveries on time. (Health & Safety)
- Must be punctual, reliable and trustworthy.
- Competitive monthly salary including Bonus.
Delivery Driver Skills and Qualifications:
Driver’s Licence, CPC qualification, Courteous, Previous Driving Experience, Good Customer Service Skills, Good Communication Skills, No Driving Disqualifications With the Last Three Years, Problem-Solver, Patient, Pleasant, Enthusiastic, Attention to Detail, Ability to Handle Palletised goods with Care, Ability to Work Under Pressure, Ability to Work as part of a Team, Be Physically Fit, Able to Meet Deadlines
Interested in joining is?
You can download our application form here. Please send the completed form and a copy of your CV to Karen at the following address:
Dynamic Storage Ltd
Please contact email@example.com or tel: 01454 273390 for more information.