Reporting to the Operations Manager
The Transport coordinator is responsible for the upkeep of records relating to the movement of goods or services on behalf of third party clients at Dynamic Storage.
The Transport coordinator will be a point of contact for clients and potential clients and the job holder is expected to answer all telephone calls in a professional manner following the company’s protocol.
The role requires the individual to be flexible in their work routine, working either on the AM or PM shift in rotation.
- Responsible for the routing of delivery vehicles in the BS postcode and/or dedicated vehicles depending on shift roster
- Responsible for the issue of mobile phone, delivery paperwork, PDA etc etc
- Responsible for ensuring dedicated vehicles leave on time from Depot
- De brief of previous day’s paperwork for inputting on system by 10am each day
- Ensure that Warehouse personnel provide daily scan report of pallets in the warehouse
- Print off 3rd party collection notes for drivers
- Manage any de briefs of any drivers returning to depot when required
- Monitor daily exception reports and update accordingly
- Ensure labels are printed for “own collections” and “3rd party customers”
- Ensure drivers of vehicles for service and/or maintenance are informed of the time/date of bookings made
- Receive & process holiday bookings and inform Transport coordinator accordingly
- Assist in planning of dedicated transport when required
- Attend Daily Operations Review (D.O. R.) when required
- Complete Return to Work Interviews
- Facilitate petty cash payments to drivers as necessary
- Ensure fuel levels are regularly monitored and fuel ordered as necessary
- Experience of working in a logistics environment, planning vehicle deliveries
- Understanding of transport legislation regarding vehicle weight limits and Drivers hours
- Computer literate with the ability to learn new systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Capable of working unsupervised in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi task and prioritize own workload
- Excellent customer service skills, enabling good customer relations
- Trustworthy individual in charge of monies
The above list is not exhaustive of all responsibilities and is dependent on the needs of the business at any time
- Delivery of palletised goods within the BS postcode Mon-Fri. 45 hours per week.
- Keeps accurate records of deliveries and customer authorisation and ensure all documentation is submitted to Transport dept on time
- Properly uses and maintains any delivery equipment, including pallet trucks
- Drives safely and follows all laws and rules of driving to maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Keeps company vehicle clean and ensure it is well-maintained.
- Follows pre-planned route accurately without deviation from set course
- Maintains communication with Transport Dept to be informed of any change of delivery, route or schedule
- Informs Transport Dept of any obstructions to making safe & efficient deliveries on time. (Health & Safety)
- Must be punctual, reliable and trustworthy.
- Competitive monthly salary including Bonus.
Delivery Driver Skills and Qualifications:
Driver’s Licence, CPC qualification, Courteous, Previous Driving Experience, Good Customer Service Skills, Good Communication Skills, No Driving Disqualifications With the Last Three Years, Problem-Solver, Patient, Pleasant, Enthusiastic, Attention to Detail, Ability to Handle Palletised goods with Care, Ability to Work Under Pressure, Ability to Work as part of a Team, Be Physically Fit, Able to Meet Deadlines
Interested in joining is?
You can download our application form here. Please send the completed form and a copy of your CV to Karen at the following address:
Dynamic Storage Ltd
Please contact email@example.com or tel: 01454 273390 for more information.